ABOUT    |    SHOP    |   EAT SOMETHING SUNDAY   |   FREEBIES   |   SPONSOR   |   CONTACT



Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Best of British (Blythes, that is)

I moved to the UK last summer. The entry stamp on my visa says late June, but I was really just passing through and came to stay a month later.

Before I came, I knew nearly no one. I still really don't know that many people here in London - or the rest of England or the UK for that matter. But the Blythe world is a strange, lovely, wonderful creature of connectivity. And, soon after I knew I was moving to London, I started to make online Blythe-y friends. Through the wonders of Flickr and Twitter, I've met some really lovely gals. Mostly I've not met them in person yet (save for one on the following list), but hope to soon at meets or the super-exciting Blythecon UK!

So, without further ado, here are 5 British Blythe gals (in no particular order) that inspire me daily, are lovely to talk to on Twitter, and who are generally smashing people (please click through their photo to check out their Flickr pretties!**):

♥♥♥ 1st up is CandyPop. She's first mostly because she has this lovely Brit-tastic photo!
She has a great eye for artistic images, and I love her shop window pics and awareness of detail.

♥♥♥ Long before I even thought I'd be moving to the UK (just after I'd moved to Armenia!) I had the joy of coming across the awesome sauce academic diva that is Flissy666. Fliss is a hoot. And her girls are as sassy as she is.
Her TG, Millie, has a great skill for crochet and runs MillieMade fashions. Their "Fluggs" Ugg-style boots have become popular across the Blythe world.

♥♥♥ LunarSea is a B girl who has come onto my radar more recently. But Bex is a fun soul and her girls always seem to be having adventures. She's a great tweeter and I'm looking forward to meeting her soon!


The next two ladies are a powerhouse in the UK Blythe world at the moment, as they are the planners of the amazing event that dolly fans across Europe are looking forward to: Blythecon UK!

♥♥♥ KidCrayola brings a smile to my face on a daily basis. She's a sassy newlywed (just this weekend!) and a crafty lady. The beautiful teacups and jam jars Hayley gathered and created for her wedding were fabulous. She's been working hard on BlytheCon alongside being a mother AND planning a wedding. And she tweets about it all! I want to give her a medal.



♥♥♥ The other rockstar Blythecon coordinator is the lovely SakuraBlythe. She seems to be a very kind soul and a doting mother. Jo has been working with Hayley to get the October Blythe meetup-to-end-all-meetups rolling and I'm sure it will be a big success. I always love seeing her pictures and reading what she's up to in tweetland.


There are a bunch of other British Blythe ladies who I'd love to get to know more and meet sometime. But right now, I mostly just enjoy their pictures and follow a few on Twitter! Check out LittlePebble (Danielle) - sassy crocheted hat queen , OhMyBlythe (Amy), TeaCupFaery (Jane), Pooka (Sarah), Marzipanda (Georgia) - amazing customizer and (people) shoe designer, SteelApathy (Laura), o0_Abigail_0o (Abbie), and WoollyRockers (Liz) - who makes the cutest chunky sweaters with motifs!

I feel lucky, happy, and excited to be a part of a group of people who enjoy something and enjoy that thing in a social way. I look forward to Blythecon UK and to upcoming meets here in London. Bex has organized one for a couple weeks out, and I'm working on a summer meet!




Blythe people really are the best sorts of people. They make me smile. And now it's 20 to 3. So I'm going to go to sleep!




**photos borrowed and linked to owners with appreciation. Please let me know if that's not ok.

1 comments:

Candy Pop said...

Thank you for including me in your five! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I try to reply to comments, so check back if you have a question. :)