ABOUT    |    SHOP    |   EAT SOMETHING SUNDAY   |   FREEBIES   |   SPONSOR   |   CONTACT



Sunday, May 22, 2011

Hello (again)


With a re-vamp of the look and feel of {she's crafty}, I thought it would be a great chance to share a bit more about me with you. While this blog never gets super personal, it's still a place where I get to share some bits of my life with those of you who choose to read. And connecting is always a good thing!

I come from the great, grand expanse of the United States. And within those 50bits, from the (in my opinion) finest one of the lot: Wisconsin.
Land of cheese, beer, Friday night fish fries,

marvelous summer concert seasons, and good schools.

My formative years were spent in SouthCentral Wisconsin and summers largely spent on Washington Island (a marvelous oasis of forests and quiet living surrounded by Lake Michigan) where my family have a holiday cabin. My college years were then spent in Missouri (I attended Stephens College and loved every minute).


After college, it was back to Wisconsin, then Switzerland, then Wisconsin, then Armenia and now...London! I arrived in London in the summer of 2009 and have really loved living here.

While most of my time is spent here in The Big Smoke, I also really love to get up to Scotland to visit the family of my beau (aka The Scot) and see the gorgeous country. We've been living together for a year now and setting up our little home, decorating it, having my own kitchen, etc. are all things I really enjoy. (If only I had room in our mini kitchen for a KitchenAid mixer!)


Things I love:

Popcorn. Nom nom nom nom. With BUTTER! (Seriously, get with the program Europe. It's best with BUTTER).

Bubble baths. Or any lovely smelling, preferrably sparkly, bath product. (Especially from Lush. Ah, Lush....).

Knitting! I don't knit as often as a should. It comes and goes in a little bi-polar wave of crafty goodness. I love Noro yarn best of all. And KA Switch interchangeable needles. Most of my knitting is either for little people belonging to friends/family or dolls.

Speaking of dolls - my Blythes! Here's my current collection of dollies. I love them. And I love the great community of people I've met through collecting them. Such a great group of gals (and a few guys too!).

Movies. I try to get to see a movie a week, but sometimes that doesn't happen. Last year I hopped on board to the unlimited movies scheme at the nearby cinema. (These are some favorites).

So that's a bit about me. And a bit of what I hope {she's crafty} will be featuring in the future: crafts, dolls, travels, and a bit of food and fun!

5 comments:

Nuwandalice said...

lovely to read more about you!

Rosie Apples said...

I agree, it is lovely to find out a bit more about you! Although, I have to say it's all about the salty popcorn at my house. Nom nom :P

laura kate said...

thanks ladies :)

BLahblah Abi said...

cute blog! nice to meet you :)

laura kate said...

@ Abi - thanks for stopping by!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I try to reply to comments, so check back if you have a question. :)