ABOUT    |    SHOP    |   EAT SOMETHING SUNDAY   |   FREEBIES   |   SPONSOR   |   CONTACT



Wednesday, May 4, 2011

in which we receive a new dolly

Today, a new Blythe came to the Crafty household. She was a spur-of-the-moment adoption on Monday. A release I'd long been admiring, but hadn't found the right chance (aka: price and timing). I may be underemployed at the moment, but this little darling was too good to pass up.

So without further ado, meet Iris:
Meet Iris


Iris is a Simply Vanilla. I had been told she was just RFB, but it seems she's had her pink chips swapped for a golden yellow and one earring post has gone missing. Oh well. Her pullstring click is crazy loud. But all is well. Because, you see, I have plans for her.

Most of you know that my dolls are, for the most part, 100% stock (save for the occasional chip change). It's not that I'm against customizing, it's that I don't do it particularly well (see the example of poor Pomona who rarely sees the outside world) and rarely have the extra funds to let someone else work on my girls. When I got Maia last year, I decided that I really like the look of certain dollies changed up. My Edesia (PD London) begs to have some work done (I think those lips just don't do a thing on the matte FBL dollies) and now too, Iris is wanting.

Part of the allure of Vanilla was her custom potential. I was a bit intrigued and then I saw Finja, the German travelling Blythe. *drool*
Finja, the Traveling Blythe

Is she not the most precious thing ever? Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous. Sai did a brilliant job.

So now I've got a small bank of custom Vanillas I'm looking to for inspiration.

I`ve never seen snow before....

dreaming ... Up, Up & Away Custom #6~Turquoise Eyes

Finja I want to go see how much greener is the grass at the other side



I think they're all just beautiful. I might try my hand at sandmatting (eeeeeps!) but we'll see how much I do on my own. I just don't want to ruin the little lovely.

For now - welcome home, Iris!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I try to reply to comments, so check back if you have a question. :)