ABOUT    |    SHOP    |   EAT SOMETHING SUNDAY   |   FREEBIES   |   SPONSOR   |   CONTACT



Thursday, June 2, 2011

Collecting Cavey

If you're into Blythes, then you likely are aware of the little phenomenon that is Cavey. Cute little plush creatures based on guinea pigs as created by Holly Stanway of A Little Stranger. Recently, Cavey celebrated birthday number 1! For just being around a year, these pocket-sizes little creatures have certainly gained quite the following.

I attended the birthday party last week and had a nice little time. I didn't know a soul, but I enjoyed the cupcakes and was super excited to score an "I'm 1!" purple birthday Cavey!
There were a bunch of cute one-off designs on display that were auctioned off on ebay. I, however, being of sound mind and body, didn't spend upwards of £100 on any of them. The cutest one, anyhow, was the carrot Cavey. And he wasn't for sale (as he was designed by a 7 year old girl who was to get him after the night - cute!).

And now, birthday specials aside, here's my collection of little cuddly Caveys. I spent last summer thinking "Oh, those are cute. But I don't need another thing to collect!" And then, at BlytheCon UK 2010 I met pink panda Cavey. And I was a goner!

DSCN8021 DSCN8022
Pink Panda and Green Apple

DSCN8023 DSCN8025
Red Apple and Snowman

DSCN8026 DSCN8028
Christmas Cake-vy and Reindeer

DSCN8029 DSCN8030
Blue Valentine and Zingy Green

DSCN8031 DSCN8032
Easter Bunny (aka: Ninja Bunny!) and Birthday Cavey

I love my little collection. They live around the TV and speakers. My favorite bit is that The Scot's mum loves them. And I think that's pretty fab. Cavey will be at BlytheCon UK 2011 and I can't wait to see what super design Holly comes up with for the event (maybe keeping with the theme??). Until then, I'll save my pennies and get a new one every few months. Because they're nearly too cute to say no. :)


2 comments:

Nuwandalice said...

I didn't realise you had such a cute (and extensive!) collection of Cavies! <3 My two little cavies are now looking decidedly lonely! There is only one solution!a

laura kate said...

yeah...i went from 1 to 3 to 6 and now i've got 10. oops. pretty broke right now, though likely no new ones this summer!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I try to reply to comments, so check back if you have a question. :)