ABOUT    |    SHOP    |   EAT SOMETHING SUNDAY   |   FREEBIES   |   SPONSOR   |   CONTACT



Monday, June 6, 2011

Let's Have an Adventure!

By now, I think most of my blog readers are aware that I'm coordinating BlytheCon UK 2011. Pre-registration (aka: fundraising for venue rental) was back in February and, shockingly, we sold out! Today the emails went out to all those who pre-registered to complete their final registrations. For months now I've had people emailing week after week for spare tickets which, sadly, don't exist. Some people will probably not complete their final registration, though. So we'll see.

In the meantime, I created a little flickr tag thing for those coming. A first (I hope) of a handful of BlytheCon UK "merit badges" to go along with our theme: Let's Have An Adventure! (which, you may have noticed is a bit Scout-y).

I'm attending (official)


So much inspiration out there for Scout/Guide/adventure/campfire-type stuff. Here are some that I've found (and I started an inspiration board on Pinterest):

girl guide
Girl scout patches


Girl Guide illustration.
Betsy McCall, Girl Scout

Debbie Reynolds!!


As the event gets closer (it's on 1 October), I'll probably be posting more about it. I have lots of ideas for fun in-theme activities and such for the day and can't wait til the list of workshops/presentations is complete and can be shared. I think it's gonna be a great day! And all for charity, too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I try to reply to comments, so check back if you have a question. :)