ABOUT    |    SHOP    |   EAT SOMETHING SUNDAY   |   FREEBIES   |   SPONSOR   |   CONTACT



Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Taking Cues from Bob?

It's past 6pm and I've just put a bra on. True fact. Overshare? Hopefully not. It's just been one of those days. Those days where I don't have a class to teach or even a classroom to be in. Which, generally, would be a rather large downer. But in the past week or so I've really been trying to look on the positive side of things. So today, I hope you don't find it too trite that I'll share some Thoughts in text form in the vein of positive thinking.

I'd like to point out that I hate motivational posters and such. HATE. I used to have a co-worker who had plastered his classroom (which I had to use for one class period per day) in framed posters from Successories. While I, on the other hand, had some small framed "demotivators" on the shelf above my desk (such as this one). Said co-worker thought it wrong that I have things in a place where kids often came (the piano for voice lessons and such was in the office room). My general thought was that if they didn't understand sarcasm by the time they were 13, there was little hope for them in the real world.

Anyhow. Back to today. Not working. And yet, not sad. I slept in a bit after realizing I was not getting a call to go anywhere to work and then decided to tackle a few things for BlytheCon UK. (Evidence by a sneaky peek here). It's been a pretty productive day. I got done some things I wanted to do.

A while back I saw a scan of a page from Self magazine (not one in my reading list) that I really liked. So I snagged it and I cropped it and I saved it.



And here I am. Trying to keep moving forward regardless of the pitfalls. Because I know it's quite worth it in the end. Here are some thoughts in text form that I either fully agree with or am just trying to fully embrace.


So. True. (Plus now you've got the song in your head, don't you?).

Make beautiful things. Help create beautiful minds. All that.


Ah, Conan. He's probably quite right. My expectation of "amazing" may not be what I encounter, but that won't make it any less true.


Back to the title of this post. "What about Bob?" you may ask. And it is this: last Friday I spent the day back with the class I taught during the 2nd term (here in England they have 3 terms). It was pretty blissful. I love those kids. One of the highlights was listening to them sing, as a group, along to "3 Little Birds." 4 Year Olds singing = pretty awesome in and of itself. 4 Year Olds singing Bob Marley = fabulous. It was in my head all weekend. Then I found this lovely lovely animated version. And I knew it was what I needed to hear of late.



And, in the end:


1 comments:

HazelandMare said...

"Mama said there'd be days like this"... Oh man, that is my go-to song on less-than-awesome days :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I try to reply to comments, so check back if you have a question. :)