ABOUT    |    SHOP    |   EAT SOMETHING SUNDAY   |   FREEBIES   |   SPONSOR   |   CONTACT



Tuesday, June 21, 2011

To Be Beside the Seaside

Today marks the official start of summer on the calendar. Sadly, it's another 4 1/2 weeks til I'm out of work mode (silly English schools going til late July!). The boy has gone off to enjoy a week of music, mud, and fun at Glastonbury and I'm sitting here thinking how I'd love to hear some water, smell the salty air, and enjoy a bit of time by the sea. Or, at the very least, a nice pool.

One of my favorite summertime photos ever is this one of Clem in Florida 2 years ago.

on the shores of the gulf


So I thought I'd let some dollies help share the feeling. (Click through to the sources).

162/365: double take

Doing laps

barefoot on the beach ~ waw

together!

A Blythe a Day takes Boredom away #87/365

Swim?


Hello Summer!

2 comments:

HazelandMare said...

Oh my goodness- mid July?! I hope it goes by very fast and you still have plenty of time to enjoy nice summery weather! :)

Lovely photos!

laura kate said...

Katie - Yeah. Summer break is only 5 1/2 - 6 weeks. They have 3, 12 week terms here instead of semesters. At mid-term they take 1 week off and between terms 2-3 weeks off. So it all adds up, but I'd much rather have a nice summer vacation than a week off in the middle of February or October, etc.!

Thanks, though, I *will* be enjoying most of my summer break stateside. State fairs and cabins and general fun times!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I try to reply to comments, so check back if you have a question. :)