ABOUT    |    SHOP    |   EAT SOMETHING SUNDAY   |   FREEBIES   |   SPONSOR   |   CONTACT



Friday, July 8, 2011

A Little News

I wrote this post in late May. It's been sitting in my drafts waiting to go out to the world. A little FB announcement by the subject of this post means I can finally stop keeping *ahem* mum.

Family is super important to me. Especially my mom's side. This photo lives on the shelf in my living room (and has for years). 3 generations: my great grandma (who died just before I was born), my mom, aunt, and grandmother. The print is dated March 1970, so I presume it was taken within the previous few months of that . That would make my mom in her mid 20s at the time. Nearly my age.


My mom is pretty awesome. Together with my dad, she raised 3 kids who all have quite different lives. She's been quite excited by the idea of being a grandmother for years. We were pretty sure I was her only hope on this front. Sometime in late Autumn/early Winter one more generation will be added to the lineup. (But it's not my turn just yet).



This means that the summer will involve some crafty auntie knitting time!



2 comments:

HazelandMare said...

Hehe, you are sneaky! ;) How exciting!! Congrats to your family! You will be an awesome aunt!

laura kate said...

@Katie - Thanks! I hope so. Hard from across an ocean, but I plan on keeping this kid stocked in knit things and silliness.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I try to reply to comments, so check back if you have a question. :)