ABOUT    |    SHOP    |   EAT SOMETHING SUNDAY   |   FREEBIES   |   SPONSOR   |   CONTACT



Saturday, September 17, 2011

Mad About the Squares

I had a neat little post planned for the past couple days, but then a much better-known blogger happened to do a super similar post. And as I don't relish sharing my thoughts and ideas on how to create something right after someone else has, I'll save that tutorial/pretty post for another time.

This week I've been keeping busy with planning and organizing for BlytheCon UK. And knitting. The knitting is for a semi-secret project which I hope to tell you about in the near future. I also got a fair bit of baking in. But didn't snap any good pics. Therefore, it's time for a little post o'favorites. What sort of favorites? Grannies.

Granny squares. The fun, fabulous, colorful little gems of the crochet world. One of the few things I enjoy crocheting.


source



source


Ravilious blanket
source


granny madness
source



source


Crochet close up
source


rainbow pillow
source


Sunburst Blanket II
source


While back in Wisconsin this summer, I started a granny square afghan with some lovely shades of Cascade 220 I had stashed away there. But I didn't bring it back to London. I think it will be quite fun to see if I can finish it up at Christmastime. So much fun in such little squares. And so many options and varieties and final projects. A crafter's dream, really.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I try to reply to comments, so check back if you have a question. :)