ABOUT    |    SHOP    |   EAT SOMETHING SUNDAY   |   FREEBIES   |   SPONSOR   |   CONTACT



Thursday, October 27, 2011

A New Adventure

I've mentioned a little about this project here and there, so it may not be news to all my readers, but for those who didn't know, I've been working on opening a new Etsy shop. Not one to replace my mostly Blythe shop, but one with a different focus.

When I visited my family this summer, I brought my sister a few pairs of baby booties that I'd knit for her upcoming bambino. She took them to work. Work people loved them. There were requests for other sizes, colors, styles, etc. I didn't have the resources with me or the time during my trip, but in talking to my sister about it we both thought that it would be at least something to try.

And so I have. I opened up my little shop earlier this evening with 8 pairs of rather sweet little booties.
Some are knit in really luxurious merino wool (which I wish I could've purchased a bit more of at the Knitting and Stitching Show, but no such luck), some are made from wool/nylon blends, and I've done one pair from my favorite Noro Silk Garden.

Colors for all! And I didn't even hint at any sort of boy/girl-ness about any of them. Because gender-specific baby thing annoy the living hell out of me. Babies are babies are babies. Just put some clothes on them! Let them be cute.


Anyhow, I've really been enjoying knitting up booties over the past month-and-a-bit here and there. And I hope if you've got a little bunny in your life, you'll stop by BebeBunny on Etsy! I hope it'll be a fun outlet for small (but not dolly tiny) knitting.


3 comments:

Blythe Ghost said...

Sorry sweetie, no babies around here, but I do love the booties and the name you chose to call your shop. Good luck with your new venture!

Erika @ Rouge & Whimsy said...

those are adorable!!! but i don't have babies to put them on... maybe in 10 years? ;)

laura kate said...

thanks gals! glad you like the new shop. i'm hoping others with babies in their lives do too :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I try to reply to comments, so check back if you have a question. :)