ABOUT    |    SHOP    |   EAT SOMETHING SUNDAY   |   FREEBIES   |   SPONSOR   |   CONTACT



Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thankful (day 2)

via: rifle paper co.


Of all the things I am thankful for, I know that I so many of them would not be possible in my life without my education. My education is absolutely due to 2 amazing people: my parents. They gave me so much as I grew up and continue to support me in so many ways as an adult.

the parents!

I am incredibly lucky for the parents I have. They're still together, which isn't something that a lot of my generation can say. As any couple who have been together for nearly 4 decades, they have their ups and downs. But they raised me to see what its like to have a partner in crime (in the best sense!). They don't always understand me, but they always are there for me. When I'm sad, when I'm happy, when my visa is up and I'll be heartbrokenly leaving my love on a different continent for a while, they'll be there. They've raised 3 fairly well-adjusted adults. As teachers they've influenced the lives of thousands of young people (both retired this year after teaching {Mom} and teaching/being a principal {Dad} since the mid-1960s). I love them. And I am so incredibly thankful to have them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I try to reply to comments, so check back if you have a question. :)