ABOUT    |    SHOP    |   EAT SOMETHING SUNDAY   |   FREEBIES   |   SPONSOR   |   CONTACT



Sunday, January 1, 2012

A Toast to 2012

Here's to a new year. A year which shall be, hopefully, full of more happiness than sadness, more joy than worry, and more prettiness than ugliness.

The fabulous Neil Gaiman posted the other day about some of his statements to the New Year made in previous years and included this one, which someone poster-fied. I love it:



Last night the boy and I joined some friends and some new acquaintances for New Year's Eve festivities. The company was light, my hair was big, and the drinks were tasty.

requisite new year's eve self-portrait

It was a good night.

For me, 2011 has been a bit of a rough year. I spent about half of it mostly unemployed. There has been stress about my visa situation. My health kept hitting roadblocks to "good." But it was also a year where good things happened. We had some lovely daytrips, I got to spend a few days with my bestie, the boy and I had an amazing US adventure in the summer, I planned and pulled off BlytheCon UK (and made/strengthened many friendships along the way) and everyday I keep falling more in love with my amazing boyfriend. So while 2011 won't be remembered as my favorite year, it's certainly not been the worst thing for me all-around. Character-building, if nothing else!

Here's to 2012!

so. many. cocktails.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I try to reply to comments, so check back if you have a question. :)