ABOUT    |    SHOP    |   EAT SOMETHING SUNDAY   |   FREEBIES   |   SPONSOR   |   CONTACT



Saturday, August 11, 2012

A Day at the Fair

Once again this year I was able to attend the Wisconsin State Fair. The fair is always on the week of my sister's birthday and since she's back in WI as well this time around, the whole fam drove to West Allis to partake in fair fun for her birthday.

Our state fair is a great state fair...

Apart from not having The Scot with me, this year's fair was similar to last year's (albeit with lovely overcast skies as opposed to glaring hot sun).

We saw some animals:
heelan coos

Appreciated the craftiness and skills of fellow Wisconsinites:
a warm quilt
veggies and bottles

Ate the best cream puffs known to mankind:
cream puffs!

And generally had a fun day out.

I braved the expo hall to get a new salsa-making/food processing gadget after the one I bought last year (and loved) cracked and had to be thrown away. *Note to self - whatever the salesguy says, they are not dishwasher safe.

My goal to not end up being the person who carries everything around the fairgrounds meant taking a tiny purse. And a tiny purse = tiny dolly. Phoebe was happy to come along. She even brought her new 'wubba chiken' to visit the fancy chickens in the small animal barn.

wubba meets wooster

I don't know when the next time I'll get to the fair will be. Maybe not for a few years. It's always a bit crazy, but always lots of fun. Whenever the day will be, I'm already looking forward to it.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I try to reply to comments, so check back if you have a question. :)