ABOUT    |    SHOP    |   EAT SOMETHING SUNDAY   |   FREEBIES   |   SPONSOR   |   CONTACT



Monday, January 28, 2013

Happy Birthday, Lizzy!

Today marks the 200th anniversary of the 1st publication of Pride and Prejudice. Technically, that still wouldn't make it the birthday of Elizabeth Bennett (that would be 20 years earlier), but let's play along for fun. I read about this fun anniversary last week and then Ms. Magazine went and beat me to the punch with its story title today (a very good article as well). Oh, well. I'm still using it. :p

Today I present a fun round-up of amusing things P&P-related that one can find these days.

From the classic opening line...

source

...to a pulp novel approach...

source

...the characters illustrated...

source

...to a counting book for children...

source

...and pretty people and places...

source

...to the inevitable.

source

And just for fun (from my favorite film adaptation).

source

I love Jane Austen for her wit, her humor, and her wry observation. She was outspoken through her works and her words hold a lot of truth still today. There's a reason so many people love Pride and Prejudice (and it's not *just* due to Colin Firth).


2 comments:

Nuwandalice said...

Have you seen the 2008 BBC "Miss Austen Regrets?" Oh my gosh it makes me bawl. As these things go, it's even reasonably accurate (or at least, the conjecture is kept to a minimum.) One to watch, if you haven't anyway :)

laura kate said...

@Alice - I haven't, but I'll add it to our list of things to watch! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I try to reply to comments, so check back if you have a question. :)