ABOUT    |    SHOP    |   EAT SOMETHING SUNDAY   |   FREEBIES   |   SPONSOR   |   CONTACT



Friday, January 4, 2013

Make New Friends, But Keep the Old

So here we are in 2013. In the last 8 months I've moved twice. One of those was internationally. I've not been working much. It's been a bit rough. I got married!! That was awesome. Excellent, even. And with all these changes, I find myself feeling a bit like a fish out of water in that I don't know many people where I am. While I'd like to join some classes or groups or other fun things, the lack of employment makes that a bit tricky. My hobbies these days are doing their best to be low-cost and low-key. My friends are spread out all over. (My bridesmaids came from 2 countries and 3 states!). Connections in the "real world" are a bit tricky to make - especially when I know I won't be living where we're living for a very long time. So here, in the blogosphere, I'm trying to make new connections.

A few blogs that are favorites of mine I've been reading for years. A few I started reading in the last 2 years, and I've happened upon a few in the last season that I just love. But as I'm starting out my marriage and trying to really embrace home life and crafty life and all that at once, I'd love some suggestions of new blogs to check out. Maybe you have one. Maybe you have a favorite that I might not know of. Whatever it is, please share!

Leading up to the new year, with my most recent blog redesign, I also have been trying to put this blog "out there" a bit more. I've done a little advertising and a bit of swapping of buttons (some of the swapees buttons are still incoming). If you have a blog that you think would be nice to share here, I'm very likely up for swapping buttons. I prefer 250x100px and am happy to give one to you of whatever size you are using on your blog!

buttonswap

If you think you'd like to swap, please send me an email and I'll check to make sure we're a good fit for each other. Craft blogs, lifestyle blog, baking blogs, Blythe-y blogs, etc. If it's something I'd like to read, it's probably something readers here would also like.

On a final note, just a wee plug for my Facebook page (where I plan to post a bit more little things in addition to blog updates as it grows) and a reminder that BlogLovin' is an awesome way to follow this blog or any blog. As a 'reader' service I think it's excellent as you don't lose the look and feel of the blog or miss additional links and such that some other text-based readers clear out.

I hope that 2013 can bring me some excellent new reads and new friends online and that relationships with those great gals (and guys!) I've known for years will continue to blossom.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I try to reply to comments, so check back if you have a question. :)