ABOUT    |    SHOP    |   EAT SOMETHING SUNDAY   |   FREEBIES   |   SPONSOR   |   CONTACT



Friday, February 8, 2013

Carnival! {a freebie}

Carnival, Carnavale, Mardi Gras season: the names are different, but the feeling of the party is a bit the same. Reveling and general merriment before the more somber Lenten season begins. Also called Shrove Tuesday, the UK celebrates it as Pancake Day. I prefer the pomp and color of the celebrations to pancakes and since my sister moved to New Orleans in 2005, that city and its celebrations have held a special spot in my heart.

Mardi Gras Tree on campus
source

Since Carnival season is well under way and Mardi Gras is fast upon us (next Tuesday, 12 February), I'm offering up these bold but simple cards on the blog today. You can choose to use the individual PNGs or the all-on-one-sheet PDF (going forward, all my freebies will have this PDF option as well).


download > > > here < < <


Will you be celebrating Mardi Gras or the Carnival season in any way? Pancakes? King cake? Beads? Do tell! (And, as always, I'd love to see how you use the cards).

4 comments:

Sarah Martina said...

Thank you, thank you, and THANK YOU! - A Louisiana Crafter

laura kate said...

You are so so welcome!

Cerise said...

That photograph is amazing. Thanks for the freebies! We had a pretty low key day, but I'll certainly be working at least one of those cards in to my spread!

laura kate said...

Isn't that a great photo? I was glad to find it as I love the trees in New Orleans all filled with beads long after the parades are over.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I try to reply to comments, so check back if you have a question. :)