ABOUT    |    SHOP    |   EAT SOMETHING SUNDAY   |   FREEBIES   |   SPONSOR      |   CONTACT



Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Movie Award Night Freebie

Edit: 2014 edition also available

On Sunday, I'm hosting a party. I am super excited about this party. I've got some great tips from around the web for fun things. I'm making little cardstock statues (via Twig & Thistle), have some awesome little chocolate moulds I ordered from afar and have some gold dusting powder at the ready, and I'll be printing off pretty Oscar ballots and bingo cards (via How About Orange). Cupcakes in fancy wrappers, magic popcorn, homemade dips, fancy jell-o shots: I have a lot planned. I would like to thank the Academy for making such a fun night for movie lovers. Having not been in the US to watch since 2008, this year I'm even more excited than usual. It's not going out in the middle of the night, the broadcast isn't dubbed in a language I do not speak, and I have an excuse to make tiny chocolate statues! What could be better?

Oh, yes. I'll also be taking photos of our party. And while some will very likely end up in my "traditional" scrapbook, I'll definitely be including a few snaps in my Project Life book. And so, there is this:


download them > > > here < < <




This freebie is a bit different from others I've offered:
- 6 PNG files
*PNG = Best Picture only.
- PSD categories card = all 24 categories (can I hear it for Best Documentary Short!?)
- 2 PDF pages
*5 main cards
*5 very popular categories that will suit most desires!

I hope you enjoy these cards for a variety of movie-related crafting. As always, I'd love to see what you do with them! Enjoy!


25 comments:

Sandy said...

Thank you for sharing your freebies!!! They're so cool and I'll be adding a few to my pages this week! :)

laura kate said...

You're very welcome. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)

Megan Bailey said...

LOVE these! Thank you so much!

laura kate said...

Thank YOU for stopping by!

Linda Jordan said...

These are very cute cards!! Makes me wish I was into awards shows so I could use them, haha.

laura kate said...

Thanks, Linda. I designed them with the idea of using the film & reel cards for other movie-based storytelling. You might like to use them in that way as well. :)

Amanda said...

I love these, thank you!

laura kate said...

You are very welcome :)

alliehoopes said...

found these on pinterest. so fun. thank you! now off to explore your blog :)

laura kate said...

Very glad you like them. Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Jennifer said...

oh these are just fabulous! Thank you so much!

laura kate said...

You're most welcome!

Krista said...

Love this! Thank you for sharing! Just to clarify -- in order to do all 24 categories, we would need to edit the card ourselves in photoshop, correct? Or am I missing a card?

laura kate said...

Glad you like it. If you want all 24 categories you need to make sure to grab the PSD version of that card - which has all categories laid out as available layers. The PNG version is set as "Best Picture" only. (That card is the only with 2 versions available in the list).

Banu said...

Laura, these are ab fab. Thanks. I used them in my week 8 layout. I will post the completed layout tomorrow. Thanks again.

libbywilko said...

Thanks ! These are fun cards.

laura kate said...

Well, thanks again to you for linking to them at Studio Calico - that post brought me many new visitors and I always love new blog readers to connect with. :)

laura kate said...

Very glad you enjoy them!

Banu said...

Laura, thanks :) here is a link to my blog post which has my week 8 of PL with your journaling cards. :))

Banu said...

Link would be good :))
http://stampingwithpassion.blogspot.com/2013/02/project-life-week-8.html

Anita said...

These are awesome! Thanks so much for sharing! :)

Anita said...

These are awesome! Thanks so much for sharing! :)

laura kate said...

So glad you like them!

Katie from Katie's Nesting Spot said...

Thank you so much, just perfect for the PL pages I'm working on!

laura kate said...

You're absolutely welcome. Glad you like them!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I try to reply to comments, so check back if you have a question. :)