ABOUT    |    SHOP    |   EAT SOMETHING SUNDAY   |   FREEBIES   |   SPONSOR   |   CONTACT



Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Project Life: Week 7

Week 7. Also known as The Week With Lots of Inserts. As the early part of the week was the tail end of our trip home to Wisconsin and Friday night turned into an epic night out in Manhattan, I ended needing more than just 2 Design A pages to tell the story of our week. Even with 2 inserts, I found myself getting better and better at the process of editing what to include and finding creative ways to include the photos I wanted to use within the constraints of pocket shapes, etc.

Here's how the week looked. (Left side, center, right side)





The left "main page" mostly focused on Monday and the time we spent with my wonderful and adorable niece. She turns 15 months old this week and is very much into being read to. Even without words, she is great at bringing a book over, signing "please" and causing whoever has been brought the book to instantly bend to her will! I plan on including a couple of these and other photos in a regular 12x12 spread about the weekend in my non-PL book.


The back side of my first insert was all about Valentine's Day and I used 2 of my Modern Valentine freebies on the page. In addition to the chocolate cookbook I snapped a photo of, The Scot also got tickets to BlytheCon UK 2013 for us. It's in Glasgow in October and I'll be a vendor as well as just attending. I am so excited!


Other details included writing about my first Bond movie experience, printing a silhouette of Wisconsin (with a heart over my hometown) onto a card from the Seafoam kit, and just a good bit of text on photos to help tell the story.

Project Life seems to get better and better each week. This week will be calmer around here, but our week 9 will start off with a bang as I'll be hosting an Oscars party on Sunday with games and food and generally a good bit of fun. Please stop back tomorrow for a freebie featuring that little gilded man!


18 comments:

Margie S (Nihao, Cupcake! xnomads.typepad.com) said...

Great details. I like the fonts you chose and the words on your photos look great.

laura kate said...

Thanks, Margie. I'll be sticking to one font this year (at least mostly, I anticipate) to coordinate with the Seafoam kit. :)

dnsvm said...

Excellent pages!!!

laura kate said...

Thanks much!

cate behind the purple door said...

looks like a busy week well-documented!

{found you via the mom creative}

laura kate said...

Very busy indeed! Thanks for stopping by :)

Kimberly said...

Wow! You were certainly busy! Your pages look great! Love the little Cupid in your Valentine's Day section!

Pink Ronnie said...

I can totally relate to all the inserts! In fact, I just finished doing our recent family holiday and I went all out and did SIX full-on spreads PLUS inserts. Oh well. :)
Ronnie xo

eek said...

I love all the little details you have included. I hear ya on the inserts. I seems to have extras almost every other week.

laura kate said...

Thanks! It *was* quite the week! If you like the Cupid, he's part of my Modern Valentine freebie set :)

laura kate said...

Sometimes it goes that way, huh? Holidays and getaways always need a little extra to get the story told and I'm totally cool with it (although I'm nearly out of insert protectors around here...). :p

laura kate said...

Thank you! Whatever it takes to tell about life, though, right? I find since starting PL at the end of 2012 that I'm using insert pages in my "traditional" album as well to include more photos, etc. (I am a notorious taker and printer of too many photos!). I really like it.

Heather Vo said...

I adore the Wisconsin card - what a great way to flag a trip! Your journaling on photos is done so beautifully! I know what you mean about struggling with inserts. That's one of my goals this year is to cut back since I scrapbook big events. Otherwise I'd end up with 4 binders per year! Great layouts. I really love your style!

laura kate said...

Figuring out how to include everything you want to include in a meaningful way without short-changing the event/thing and without going overboard is the challenge, right? I think some weeks are destined for having a couple inserts, but I know that most of mine aren't so action-packed so I don't worry too much! Thanks for the sweet compliments :)

Ethan Shippert said...

Woah woah wooooooaaaahhhh there smelly. "your first Bond experience"??!?!?!?! you mean you NEVER watched a Bond movie before? Even back in the 90's when TBS would broadcast all 47 of them consecutively and I'd try to tape them all but missed Thunderball every time (which is my favorite one of course)... Were you already in your flannel stage then and not watching TV? I'm perplexed. Also, do you really have to go to Creepydoll Fest UK 2013? I feel that contributing to the "lets donate our money to Ethan's new racecar" fund 2013 would be a far more spiritually rewarding experience. Maybe I'm biased. It's never too late to donate...

That's a pretty good tagline actually. The Let's Donate Our Money to Ethan's New Racecar Fund. "It's never too late to donate!"

laura kate said...

Did you never notice how I systematically avoided being around during the aforementioned TBS Bond movie marathons? Yes, I've seen bits and pieces of them over the years (particularly the opening sequences, because those are fun), but I'd never actually watched a whole movie front to back. I'm kinda sad about Judi Dench now, and I don't know how MI6 thinks that bringing in Voldemort is going to help matters, but I guess we'll just see in the next one...

p.s. - my dolls are fantastic and I'm keeping my pennies. :)

Megan Bailey said...

How did you do the state card? It will be perfect to show vacations later this year!

laura kate said...

Megan, I just printed right onto the Seafoam card. The way I do that is to temporarily attach a 3x4 card to a 4x6 and set it up in PS for printing. Does that make sense? You could also set it up on a standard letter size paper to have a section to print and attach the card there.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I try to reply to comments, so check back if you have a question. :)