ABOUT    |    SHOP    |   EAT SOMETHING SUNDAY   |   FREEBIES   |   SPONSOR   |   CONTACT



Friday, March 29, 2013

Peep! Peep!


As a treat for The Scot's office (and because I like a good holiday themed baking project) I made these little Peepcakes. I really wanted to get 4 colors of Peeps, but as they were packaged in sets of 15 and we're not huge eaters of Peeps (and I was only making 24 cupcakes), I held off on the blue and purple. For this year, anyhow.


The cake itself is one of my favorites. I call it Bunny Cake as it's a recipe I first learned years ago for a rabbit-shaped cake but nowadays make when I want something simple, but not plain. I'll share it someday for Eat Something Sunday. Basically, it's a dense buttery cake that tastes of awesome. The cupcakes were topped with the fluffiest vanilla buttercream I've ever made and dipped into shredded coconut (both tinted green, of course) before each little Peep got a home on top. Super simple, but super fun. I quite like how the stripey cupcake liners add to the Easter basket effect.


May your Easter be full of joy and celebration and may your Easter baskets be full of treats!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I try to reply to comments, so check back if you have a question. :)