ABOUT    |    SHOP    |   EAT SOMETHING SUNDAY   |   FREEBIES   |   SPONSOR   |   CONTACT



Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Clean The House or Eat a Cupcake?

My mother-in-law arrives tomorrow night. She's flying over from Scotland for a week of NYC fun with us. Following her visit we get 6 days to breathe and then my parents arrive from WI for a visit. With all of this visiting and hosting happening, I should be making sure this apartment is spotless and organized and fabulous. But what am I doing?

Eating cupcakes.


Ok. So not exactly only eating cupcakes, but I'm finding it hard to stay on task with what I should be doing. As I've mostly not been employed outside the house (save for at Christmastime) during the length of this marriage (nearly 6 months!), I feel I should embrace the role of homemaker. But I find it a bit tricky. This morning, Johanna over at These Prices wrote a fabulous post entitled: "Sometimes I Stink at Being an Adult" and, man, did she have me spot on (although I do make my bed without fail). That gal has 2 babies and a job to juggle. I've got me. And a husband who works 45-50 hour weeks. Things around here should be golden. But I find the dishes pile up, the dust bunnies peek out from under the tv unit and the couch, and the rug in the middle of our living space never seems to stay clean for as long as I'd like it to.

What keeps you motivated? How to you get your tasks done? A chart? A personal incentive? Denying yourself access to sunlight and fresh air until you've given the whole place a vacuum and a dust? I really would love to know.

In the meantime, the apartment is half cleaned and I'm going to hop in the (clean, as it happens) shower before meeting up with the hubs & his workmates. I guess it'll get finished in the morning....




Before I go, I might have another cupcake.



In case you're wondering they're Avocado Chocolate cake - which the only vegan cake I've ever found tolerable and it happens to be DELICIOUS - and topped with a salted caramel buttercream. I had an avocado that needed using up and while I could've eaten with eggs or on a salad, making cupcakes seemed way more fun. It usually does.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I try to reply to comments, so check back if you have a question. :)