ABOUT    |    SHOP    |   EAT SOMETHING SUNDAY   |   FREEBIES   |   SPONSOR   |   CONTACT



Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Project Life: Week 17

This week has caused me the most stress to put together of any Project Life week thus far. Which isn't to say that it wasn't fun - it was just quite the challenge. As I shared last week, my mother-in-law was visiting. She arrived the Thursday of Week 16 and stayed through the Thursday of Week 17. In the Sunday - Wednesday of W17, we did a lot. And I mean A Lot. NYC touristing to the utmost. It was fun, but it left a lot of photos to sort through between my camera, The Scot's camera, and our 2 phones. Paring it down was tricky, as I wanted to include the sights as well as the people (us!). So each little visit or spot mostly has 2-4 photos. While I do plan on putting some of these events in my regular scrapbook, I chose specific photos for Project Life that I really think help with the narrative of our week.

Warning: many insert pages ahead!


Seeing the Statue of Liberty via the Staten Island Ferry (as Liberty Island is currently closed) + Central Park


September 11th Memorial + bagels // Newsies on Broadway!


NBC/Rockefeller Center stuff


More NBC/Rockefeller stuff // Grand Central, amazing Wednesday dinner, and the rest of the week


Whew!

I really took the opportunity to play a bit with the page protectors this week. I've got a Design A, 2 trimmed down & sewn up Design As, a halved Design G, and a Design F (which I think will be great for little pics on the reverse side as my parents will be here in 2 days!).


While I kept things pretty simple, so as not to make the large number of pages seem too busy or overwhelming, I had fun with a few cuts made on my Silhouette (1 of my own design, used twice, and 1 Ali Edwards circle). Once again I used both the Seafoam and Jade Project Life kits along with 1 Studio Calico PL card (prettied up with some letter stickers), lots of Martha labels, and a bit of assorted washi tape. Even though there are a lot of pages, they don't take up much space in the album as I did my best to keep things flush and flat. As a side note, I also had mostly all the photos printed at a shop rather than doing it on my own this week. While I like my home printer, these came out nicely and are on a really smooth paper. If I get organized on another week (or find myself out of ink, as I did also this week), I may do it here and there.



This week will be a little calm yet, with a bang of an ending as I do more sightseeing when my parents arrive. I'm sure it'll be a little of the same, but also some different things as my parents are definitely museum sorts of people. The beauty of being <10 minutes from Manhattan is that there's really no shortage of things to do if you've got the time, the inclination, and the spare pennies! Before I wrap this post up, I want to announce the winners of last week's SEE THE WORLD card set giveaway are Ashley A.K. and Kori A. Both winners have been contacted and when they get back to me, I'll be getting their card sets out to them soon. Congrats! (And if you didn't win and are still interested, you can find SEE THE WORLD along with my new releases in my scrapbooking shop.

Please don't forget to stop by on (inter)National Scrapbooking Day, this Saturday, for a little treat! Though if you're so inclined, I'd love for you to subscribe via Bloglovin' (or your preferred blogreader) and keep up with all the happenings here!. :)


It's Tuesday, which means I'll be linking up at The Mom Creative's Project Life Tuesday.

8 comments:

brooke said...

Your pages look great, Laura Kate! I am still jealous of your Silhouette and I love that you mixed up/cut up the page protectors. So fun!

laura kate said...

Thanks! To be honest, I'm really lacking in little page options until they're restocked by BH. So it was kind of fun coming up with ideas of what to sew up and trim!

Cerise Wade said...

How fantastic! I miss NYC...it's been years since I've been back. Just realized how much I missed...even though we lived so close.
I really need to use my silhouette more. I love the Instagram card.

laura kate said...

Admittedly, I'm not a giant NYC fan. But it's fun to do touristy stuff wherever I happen to be living :) Thanks about the Instagram card. I'm putting together a cut file set that I'll be offering on the blog sometime soon and it'll be in that collection!

Lindsay Coleman said...

What brilliant pages all th photos look fabulous &highlight what a busy brilliant week you had. That little camera card is so.cute. Great idea changing the page protectors to fit your needs.

laura kate said...

Thanks :)

alida.post said...

What an interesting week you had! I love the angle of your photo's, especially that Staten Island one, and the one where you caught your shadows and feet in one photo.

laura kate said...

Oh, thank you! I can't claim credit for the shadows one, however. That one was snapped by my husband :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I try to reply to comments, so check back if you have a question. :)