ABOUT    |    SHOP    |   EAT SOMETHING SUNDAY   |   FREEBIES   |   SPONSOR   |   CONTACT



Thursday, April 4, 2013

Thirty-One


This is not a new idea, nor a unique one. It's one I tried a few years back (26? 27?) and forgot about shortly thereafter. But this year I'd like to give it a solid go.

As you may recall, I had a birthday three weeks ago. Shortly thereafter I decided this year, another year that will be full of life changes (much like the last) would be a good year to try a list. A list of goals and a list of plans. Some that I know I plan to do and some that I would very much like to do if I am able. It's taken a while to come up with 31 things. I got to about 20 of them and stalled. After putting the list aside and coming back to it a bit later, I came up with a few more. The last handful really caused me to think. What do I want of this year? What do I need of this year? What now? It took a good bit of thinking, but I have my list. In the meantime (within the past 3 weeks) I've gotten some started and/or finished. Which is pretty awesome. As the year-until-my-next-birthday continues, I plan to touch back on the list from time to time. For now, though, I'm sharing it as it begins. Sharing helps with the goal-setting and goal-keeping.

31 things to do before 32

1. Do something new/different with my hair
2. Move back to London
3. Get more houseplants
4. Start a garden (of some variety respective of living space)
5. Get back in shape
6. Walk a mile a day for at least 1 month.
7. Attend a NYC sporting event NY Rangers vs. Winnipeg Jets, 1 April 13
8. Try 12 new recipes (proper recipes, not "I threw this together and it is dinner") 2 of 12 tried
9. Make a new friend (of the "in person" variety, not just the online variety)
10. Visit Paris again
11. Visit the Statue of Liberty (because I've never been, and it's currently closed).
12. See 3 Broadway shows.
13. See 2 West End shows.
14. Finish Project Life 2013
15. Get caught up on my scrapbooks from 2011 & 2012 & get at least most of 2013 done.
16. Finish the Valentine socks.
17. Find a job I like (if not love).
18. Make at least 50 items for BlytheCon UK in October 2013.
19. Visit Boston
20. Put together our wedding album
21. Spend more time outdoors
22. Visit Washington, DC
23. Get a new fishtank + fishies
24. Adopt a shelter dog
25. Sew and/or knit at least 50 items for BlytheCon UK
26. Put together our mini-moon album
27. Drink (aka: buy) less soda weekly
28. Take a class or long workshop on a subject I'm interested in
29. Volunteer for something
30. Keep in touch better with my girl friends
31. Go on proper date nights at least twice a month


Has anyone else ever done a list for a year like this? Did you keep up with it? Did you finish most of your goals? Would you (or did you) do it again?

2 comments:

Meryl said...

What a great list! I'm in the process of making one just for the summer...it's fun to think about it all, yes?

laura kate said...

Fun and a little daunting. Some of these are big, but I think I can I think I can I think I can! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I try to reply to comments, so check back if you have a question. :)