ABOUT    |    SHOP    |   EAT SOMETHING SUNDAY   |   FREEBIES   |   SPONSOR   |   CONTACT



Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Project Life: Week 18

Here we are at week 18 - a week I feared would again be crazy busy, but actually turned out to be a pretty easy breezy one. The early part of the week was pretty hum-drum. No big nights out or anything of that sort. A few nights of baking and groceries, though! My parents arrived Thursday afternoon and departed yesterday morning. They weren't interested in a lot of touristing, more in spending time with me and with the hubs. So this week is just a 1 insert week. (Yay!)


For this week's pages, I used quite the assortment of stuff: BH Seafoam, Jade, & Wellington kits; a card cut using an Ali Edwards brush; instagram card designs by Cathy Zielske and Design Editor (the double); Martha Stewart labels; my fave Basic Grey little letter stickers; my usual date stamp (Amy Tangerine) plus a new little blank date stamp (Dear Lizzy); and a Studio Calico veneer. I'm most thrilled this week that The Scot wrote a card for the album (upper lefthand corner - about finally getting his 50th state quarter). He always contributes photos, but only occasionally contributes things in his own words. So that was pretty fab.


The days certainly are getting nicer and nicer around here. I'm sure this will mean a lot more sunshiney photos as the spring progresses into summer. I can't quite believe that we're in May already, but the planet keeps moving around the sun, so I guess I'll have to accept that this year is flying by!


Today is Tuesday, so I'll be linking up at The Mom Creative's Project Life Tuesday.


10 comments:

Vicki said...

Great pages! I love that you got your husband to write out a card! I wonder if I can get mine to do that. I would love to have his handwriting (and thoughts) in the book. I am jealous that you get to go to Shake Shack. I feel like everyone in blog land goes there.

laura kate said...

He's usually pretty willing, as it happens. I got lucky there.

As for Shake Shack, here's my take on it: it's VERY like a more hip Culver's with a much smaller menu. The food is good, but I don't get the obsession people have. It's yummy, but not knock-me-down-amazing.

lifeonlakeland said...

I second the comment about how cool it is your husband wrote a card. I've yet to get my husband to write something, but he does suggest photos. So that's a start! I love seeing your use of the Design F page protector.

cat said...

Love your layouts - what's the story with the dolls? (sorry first time here)
I also used the Cathy Zielske Instagram cards for the first time for this week's layout (will be show next week) - I totally love the idea

Candace said...

great pages

Lois said...

Those are awesome pages - love how you included the museum map for the future.

laura kate said...

Does your husband take phone/instagram pics? I commandeer my husband's phone every week for a few minutes and pull off his great shots from the week. (Or, in case of days out, I just grab the memory card from his dSLR!).

laura kate said...

Hah. The dolls are called Blythe dolls and I collect them. Part of the schtick of most Blythe collectors is taking photos of them in fun/interesting situations. There's a whole subculture of customization, fashion, and fun! We collectors in larger cities/areas have occasional meet-ups and there are annual national conventions in the US, UK, Australia, and also an EU one. I organized the 2011 UK convention and will be helping with the 2014 edition as well. It's a fun hobby that I've been a part of for over 5 years and that I really love!

All my blythe-tagged blog content can be seen -- > here

laura kate said...

Thanks much!

laura kate said...

Thank you! Admittedly, that's just a piece of the map. While I wanted to include the whole thing, it was about 1/2 inch to long and too tall, as well as being very thick. So I cut the cover off, trimmed it to 4x6 and slipped the admission badge over the edge. I figure I'll include the map in my "standard" scrapbook (as I have many more pics to scrap about the visit).

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I try to reply to comments, so check back if you have a question. :)