ABOUT    |    SHOP    |   EAT SOMETHING SUNDAY   |   FREEBIES   |   SPONSOR   |   CONTACT



Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Getting started with Find Your Voice

As I've written about a couple times already, I'm a contributor to Rukristin's Find Your Voice workshop that kicked off on Monday. I'm super excited that I'll be a featured contributor for week 2, but this week I thought I'd share how I'm starting off here on my own blog!


Since I didn't want to include Find Your Voice in my regular, annual scrapbooks (as the workshop doesn't really merge and meld with the way that I put pages and stories into my books just now) and I didn't want to include it as part of my Project Life (as I use that as a family-based project), I decided to do a little book. However, I'm not a mini-book person. After a bunch of searching, buying things I didn't really want (and returning them!), I found my ideal: an Amy Tangerine daybook! (Bonus: I found it for $3.99 at TJ Maxx. I love that place). Right now, the cover is plain, but as I see what direction this project is taking me, I plan to add a bit more to it.


Just inside, I added a little title with some letter stickers and a coordinating label (that I cut to fit in between the binding). I really love that the daybook has a mishmash of page types and shapes as I hope this will be conducive to creative approaches to the weekly prompts. Some weeks I'll be doing the writing prompt, some weeks the photo, and some the creative - and they might get mixed together as well!

I'm excited about this project and can't wait to see what everyone else is doing for their approach. Are you taking part? How are you approaching it?



15 comments:

thebigartadventure said...

Love the colors!

Marisa AV said...

Great idea using a day book! They are so cute...

sandee said...

Cute! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥ ( fellow FYV )

laura kate said...

Don't you just love Amy Tangerine?

laura kate said...

Totally! It took a lot of looking and I was super lucky to find this one. I think it'll be perfect.

laura kate said...

Thanks for stopping by.

Holly said...

Ooooo, love that first partial page.....totally going to do that!

Alicia Marquez said...

Awesome! I still need to find my notebook for FYV.

laura kate said...

Aw, thank you!

laura kate said...

This one was found at TJ Maxx after a wholly disappointing stop at Michael's (craft shopping in the NYC area without a car isn't easy!).

withinmylens said...

This is really awesome! Kinda makes me wish I had used an Amy Tangerine daybook. Can't wait to see how you incorporate the journaling prompts!

Emily said...

Love your book! Great colors!!

laura kate said...

Thank you! Looks like you've got a cool little book happening too! I may not be sharing every week (depending on how personal, etc. the prompts are), but you'll for certain be seeing a few - especially the weeks where I'm a contributor at Kristin's blog!

laura kate said...

Thank you! I love love love the color combo in this Amy Tangerine book, too!

Megan Anderson said...

Can't wait to see how you fill it up! Also, I had no idea there were spiral Daybooks! I'm going to have to try to find one.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I try to reply to comments, so check back if you have a question. :)