ABOUT    |    SHOP    |   EAT SOMETHING SUNDAY   |   FREEBIES   |   SPONSOR   |   CONTACT



Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Project Life: Week 25 + a freebie!

Week 25 brought a little bit of calm back to our lives after a few weeks full of lots of big nights. There were still a couple evenings away from home, but on a much smaller scale to the previous few weeks!


A few nights out, getting my visa application sent off (finally!), and a big haircut were the highlights of the week. Supplies kept things simple. Mostly BH Seafoam, with a couple BH Jade cards in the mix, good ol' Martha Stewart labels, and some washi tape.



As you read this, I'm either on the road or already arrived to my family's cabin on Washington Island to relax, rejuvenate, and to celebrate Independence Day. They do a fabulous community fireworks event - hand lit by the local volunteer fire department. It is slow and it isn't as fancy as so many places, but it's my favorite. When I was very little, we used to mostly go to the fireworks in Milwaukee as my godmother worked for the city and could get us great spots for viewing. But somewhere around middle school we started always coming to the cabin that week, and I'm so glad the tradition was established. I can't imagine a better way to celebrate the 4th.

With that in mind, I've created a little Independence Day themed card set to share. I hope you enjoy it and I'd love to see any pages that include the cards!


Download them >>>> here <<<<



One of the lovely parts about being on the island is that there's limited cell phone service and our cabin has just a radio. No TV, no internet, no videos. Just usually NPR in the mornings and evenings. There will be campfires and grilled dinners and (if Lake Michigan is warm enough) swimming and lounging and generally just getting off the grid a bit.

I've got some other blog content lined up, and I'll be able to use my phone a bit (I've never been up there with a smartphone before, so we'll see if it works), but here and elsewhere (FB, Twitter, etc.) I'll be largely off the grid until Sunday when we fly back to the East Coast.

Have a great 4th (if you're in the US) and a great week!




I plan to link up to The Mom Creative's Project Life Tuesday.


14 comments:

Sarah Kooiman said...

Love how you made the 4x6 journal spot on the left page with the grid card and washi tape. So simple, but very stylish!

Emily said...

I love all of your filler cards & the "before & after" card! Simple but cute!

Craftcherry said...

Love your hair! Sometimes I really like calm weeks, they make for a nice simple layout. :o)
Thanks for the fun cards!

alida.post said...

Super pages & interesting photography. Thanks for sharing.

cat said...

Lovely pages - love how you showcase all those nights out. Enjoy your holiday

brooke said...

great pages. i love how the beer photos fit in with your other yellow accents. hope you are relaxing and enjoying your holiday!

laura kate said...

Thank you!

laura kate said...

Thanks!

laura kate said...

Thank you! I'm still getting used to the new length. Glad you enjoy the cards :)

laura kate said...

That's so kind of you. Thanks!

laura kate said...

Too many nights out! :p

laura kate said...

Hah! I hadn't even noticed that! :)

Captain Nick Sparrow said...

I love what you put together each week! Thank you for the downloads!

laura kate said...

That's so kind of you, thanks! Glad you enjoy my designs :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I try to reply to comments, so check back if you have a question. :)