ABOUT    |    SHOP    |   EAT SOMETHING SUNDAY   |   FREEBIES   |   SPONSOR   |   CONTACT



Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Gearing up for BlytheCon

In a few weeks, I'll be heading up to the motherland with The Scot to spend a few days visiting family and friends and then ending the week in Glasgow for BlytheCon UK. This will be my third time attending BCUK, and my 2nd as a vendor. I had a vendor table at the inaugural BCUK in 2010 in Oxford, and was the organizer of the 2011 event in London. (You can read my blog posts about that event here). Last year the event was held in Manchester, but as I was stateside, I attended the US version in Dallas (which was a fun time. The UK Blythe community has a bit of a different vibe about it - definitely more family-like. While I enjoyed the US Blythecon, I'm really excited for BlytheCon UK 2013!


Last night, I got my sewing machine unpacked and set up on my brand new just-arrived-yesterday craft table. So far, I've been doing lots of knitting over the past weeks and months, but haven't had a machine since the end of June, so I've got lots of things planned over the next couple weeks! There had been plans to do some little tartan kilts, but that didn't seem to come to fruition. I'm not too bothered, though, as I have been slowly stocking up on some absolutely great prints for sewing!


While I know that BCUK 2014 is going to be a lot smaller than the British events of previous years, that hasn't stopped me from knitting gobs of little rainbow sweaters. These were a bit hit in Dallas last year, and I was excited to find a few colorways of the yarn to use this year.


Now to get my sewing on!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I try to reply to comments, so check back if you have a question. :)