ABOUT    |    SHOP    |   EAT SOMETHING SUNDAY   |   FREEBIES   |   SPONSOR   |   CONTACT



Monday, September 2, 2013

What's Old is New Again

Unpacking boxes from storage, unpacking bags from the US. Riding buses around London. Eating at familiar spots, shopping at familiar stores. Knitting for Blythes. (Lots of knitting for Blythes). Things are settling back into a small bit of order here.

In unpacking, I enjoyed pulling out some albums I had forgotten just how much I liked. Enter Sigur Ros' Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust (translated: With a buzz in our ears, we play endlessly). This one is pretty high on the list of "awesome albums I can listen to front to back again and again." (Nearly all of their albums have been that way at one point or another since they came into my life some 12 years ago). Coincidentally, Sigur Ros are playing in London tonight. Sadly, I couldn't afford the tickets when they went on sale and they (of course) sold out quite quickly. In lieu of that, I thought I'd share a bit of Icelandic beauty on the blog today. Released in the summer of 2008, it will always remind me of early 2010 as I used it a lot for creative movement PE lessons with my students that term. Love, love, love.


Sigur Ros - Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust on Grooveshark


All the songs are beautiful, but I personally feel that anyone who is not full of joy and life after hearing Festival (track 5) is someone who is a shell of a human being, because it's magical. Basically, from the time the album bursts alive to its more placid close, it's a thing of beauty. So, yes, it's from 5 years ago. But you really should give it a listen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I try to reply to comments, so check back if you have a question. :)