ABOUT    |    SHOP    |   EAT SOMETHING SUNDAY   |   FREEBIES   |   SPONSOR   |   CONTACT



Friday, October 18, 2013

Sew a reversible Blythe skirt!


At BlytheCon UK in Glasgow I led a sewing workshop in hand sewing a simple reversible wrap skirt for Blythe dolls (while I haven't tested it, it would likely work for most 1:6 scale fashion dolls). I wanted to share the pattern as a freebie here on the blog and I hope you enjoy it. The instructions were written in plain English with the intention of being understandable to a complete sewing novice (as well as those at BCUK who might not have English as a first language), so if you're a more experienced sewer they might seem over-simplified, but you'll whiz through sewing the skirt in no time. If you choose to machine sew the pattern, it'll go even faster. It's easy peasy and a lot of fun!

DSC_0648
credit: Babastrzelec vel Jaemigrantka

I know I'm not the first person to share a simple skirt pattern (nor will I likely be the last), but I do hope you'll enjoy my take on the idea. It's designed to print correctly at 100% on A4 paper (so US folks will need to print at 97%ish).

> > > GET THE PATTERN HERE < < <





Happy sewing!


2 comments:

Gillian said...

Thanks so much for posting the pattern. My sister and I attended your workshop and had a huge amount of fun, thank you.

laura kate said...

You're quite welcome! So glad you enjoyed it, it was such fun to lead!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I try to reply to comments, so check back if you have a question. :)