ABOUT    |    SHOP    |   EAT SOMETHING SUNDAY   |   FREEBIES   |   SPONSOR   |   CONTACT



Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Tips for catching up and staying on top of Project Life

My Project Life posts of late have been pages that were part of my big catch-up. A move abroad + settling in saw me fall behind in my weekly memory-keeping and though I had anticipated a few weeks of a lull, it ended up spreading to a couple months. EEP! Now that I'm mostly up-to-date, I wanted to share my tips & tricks to catching up and staying there.


As I prepared to get things back on track, I needed to get organized. Photos were being pulled from my US phone, my UK phone, The Scot's new phone, my little point-and-shoot, as well as his DSLR. So I made folders, week by week, on my desktop (as I don't like to get my iPhoto all mingled up with Instagrams and such). When I edited them I put a "to print" group in each folder and named them week by week.


Once the photos arrived, they got sorted out properly. Week by week. I also sort photos out this way when I order a big batch of prints for my regular, annual, 12x12 albums as well.



Each week's plastics get organized through popping in ephemera and sometimes notes. Nowadays, I do this each week as I live it. Went to the movies? Stubs get slipped in when we get home. Interesting business card? Slip it in. They may not always get included in the end, but I like to keep that sort of thing should I want to use it. (The weeks in prep here ended up looking like this and this.


Now that things are looking a bit more on-task, I can focus on keeping track of life on a daily basis such that it is easy peasy to put together a week's spread later on. My personal favorite helper is the Evernote app. Each week I create a new note with the days of the week and pop in any pre-planned details such as parties, events, birthdays, etc. and then as the week happens I add in little details. As you can see, the week shown (week 45) ended up not featuring all my jotted down elements, but keeping a good record of all the things that we've done during the week. I quite like Evernote because it's got a lot of options and is free.

What are your favorite ways to keep your photos and goings-on throughout the week organized? Do you have any tricks for keeping on track or getting caught up?



I'll be sharing this at The Mom Creative for Project Life Tuesday.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I try to reply to comments, so check back if you have a question. :)