ABOUT    |    SHOP    |   EAT SOMETHING SUNDAY   |   FREEBIES   |   SPONSOR   |   CONTACT



Wednesday, January 22, 2014

My home smells of bread...

...and that's the way I like it.

My mother has, at various times, been a proponent of lowering carb intake. This, for me, has always been a difficult proposition. Because bread. (And rice! And pasta! And fortheloveofallthat'sholy don't take away my popcorn). Seriously. Last year, I had just stopped buying loaves very often. Between the two of us, we weren't eating them up. They got wasted and I really hate avoidable food waste. But then this fall I got into eggs on toast in a big way. And I also discovered this bread. The recipe (from La Fuji Mama) is dead easy. I finally picked up bread flour (as the recipe lists) and the difference is noticeable to plain flour.

fresh & simple bread by LauraKateIsCrafty

Are you a bread maker? Are you afraid of bread? Don't be. Dip your toe in the water. Buy some instant yeast (I use this one). If you can manage a quick bread (savory or sweet!), you can manage making these lovely loaves. My loaf formation still needs a little work, but they taste good, even if they're a little squat. I've been meaning to give Eat Something Sunday a kick in the pants with a share of my take on this recipe, but as I looked at my 4 mini loaves cooling this afternoon I thought they needed sharing.

2 comments:

Alli said...

Those look so delicious! I've tried so many times to make bread but I'm a complete failure at it, which might be a good thing cause I might weigh 600 pounds!
Cheers.

laura kate said...

Give this recipe a try - it's easy peasy and maybe will change your view on bread!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I try to reply to comments, so check back if you have a question. :)