ABOUT    |    SHOP    |   EAT SOMETHING SUNDAY   |   FREEBIES   |   SPONSOR   |   CONTACT



Thursday, January 2, 2014

One Little Word 2014

I've been a fan of Ali Edwards for more years than I can recall. She came into my sphere of knowledge back in the old days of Creating Keepsakes magazine and idea books and such. Certainly I was into her blog and web presence around/by the time I was working at a local scrapbook store (2004 - 2006) and have continued to read her blog and such since. For many, many years now she's been sharing the idea of having a word of the year. A word to focus and guide. She calls it One Little Word and invites the greater scrapbooking and crafting community to join in. I've thought about doing it before, but I never really have. A few years ago I sortakinda had a word, but didn't do anything with the idea or make conscious efforts to embrace it.

This year, I am making a change. This year I will make. Life in the past 2 years has thrown a lot of challenges my way. Some I have successful conquered. Some have conquered me. In 2014, I am going to do my best embrace my word and see what great things can happen.



Make

Make scrapbooks
Make music
Make experiences
Make a baby??
Make happiness
Make Love
Make a home
Make food
Make a business
Make success
Make a healthier me
Make ???

For the new year, I've not chosen to have any traditional resolutions. My 2014 resolution of sort is my One Little Word. I want to keep it present and keep it powerful and see what happens. I want to see what I can make with my hands, with my heart, and with/of my life.

Are you joining in with One Little Word? Have you before? Have you been successful in filling your year with your word?

To start off, I want to allow my word to be physically visible so I plan to make some sort of design to display to help remind me of it. I'm excited to try something new and hope that it will stay with me in a positive way throughout 2014.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I try to reply to comments, so check back if you have a question. :)