ABOUT    |    SHOP    |   EAT SOMETHING SUNDAY   |   FREEBIES   |   SPONSOR   |   CONTACT



Saturday, February 1, 2014

...like a zebra in the night


photo from last weekend's amazing superhero-themed wedding festivities

Oh, hello February you sneaky little minx. Here I was just getting used to the idea of January and of 2014 and bam! you're on my doorstep with Groundhog Day waiting for the news of shadows tomorrow (p.s. - Cathy Z made a hilariously great groundhog day printable).

My birthday is about 6 weeks away and it has been a couple of months since I checked in my list for the year. Looking at it now, it's clear there are many that just aren't going to happen. Numbers 1, 12, 22, & 24 for certain are out. Number 13 is highly unlikely in the time span. Number 10 just might possibly happen before then, but I've been promised it will happen in 2014 at some point. So I'm not bothered. And even some of the other ones that aren't looking likely don't bother me. This has always been a list of "stuff that would be great" not "stuff that must happen or I will be unhappy." I'm content with where this list is. Would I have liked to see more Broadway shows while we were living < 5 miles from Broadway? Yes, absolutely. But my life continues quite happily! I'll check up with this list again when the deadline has passed, but I don't think it's going to change dramatically between now and then.
31 things to do before 32


1. Do something new/different with my hair
2. Move back to LondonYAY!
3. Get more houseplants and it continues!
4. Start a garden (of some variety respective of living space) (succulents count to me!)
5. Get back in shape. Working on it!
6. Walk a mile a day for at least 1 month.June-July this happened more or less. I've been doing as best I can in the fall now.
7. Attend a NYC sporting event
NY Rangers vs. Winnipeg Jets, 1 April 13
8. Try 12 new recipes (proper recipes, not "I threw this together and it is dinner")  
9. Make a new friend (of the "in person" variety, not just the online variety)
10. Visit Paris again
11. Visit the Statue of Liberty (because I've never been).
12. See 3 Broadway shows. Newsies, 4/13
13. See 2 West End shows.
14. Finish Project Life 2013  I'll share this soon!
15. Get caught up on my scrapbooks
from 2011 & 2012 & get at least most of 2013 done. still working on it!
16. Finish the Valentine socks.
17. Find a job I like (if not love).
18. Learn to embroider19. Visit Boston
20. Put together our wedding album
21. Spend more time outdoors This has been happening a bit since returning to LDN
22. Visit Washington, DC
23. Get a new fishtank + fishies
24. Adopt a shelter dog
25. Sew and/or knit at least 50 items for BlytheCon UK 
26. Put together our mini-moon album
27. Drink (aka: buy) less soda weekly This is still improving. Every little bit!
28. Take a class or long workshop on a subject I'm interested in
29. Volunteer for something
30. Keep in touch better with my girl friends
31. Go on proper date nights at least twice a month Mostly happening!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I try to reply to comments, so check back if you have a question. :)