ABOUT    |    SHOP    |   EAT SOMETHING SUNDAY   |   FREEBIES   |   SPONSOR   |   CONTACT



Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Little gold statue time!

It is no secret around these parts that I am a movie fan. For a long time we had an unlimited pass to the local UK cinema chain - something I plan on enrolling again soon as it's a fab deal and then I can see crap matinees alone with ease! Last year, being the first time I was in the US for the Oscars since 2008, I threw a viewing party. It was a lot of fun. This year, being back in the UK (and away from home for the weekend), I'll likely end up either watching the next day (and avoiding spoilers) or staying up stupidly late and catching some dodgy European stream (as it's usually broadcast on a premium channel). Less than ideal, but I love the pomp of the night. The dresses! The speeches! The sad "in remembrance" montage. And most years I've seen a good percentage of the films (this year I was admittedly a bit slacking in my viewing).

Will I be throwing a party this year? No. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to. (The closest I got to that this time around was a huge bowl of really good popcorn during the BAFTAs). Regardless, I'll definitely be documenting the awards in my Project Life album. Last year, I created a themed card set freebie for the big movie night and this year I wanted to add to that. The 2013 set is still available and these new cards fully coordinate as I kept with the black/white/gold theme. Classic Hollywood, no?

'I'd like to thank The Academy' card set by Laura Kate Is Crafty (Oscars, movies, Project Life)
download them > > > here < < <




I definitely have my favorites for the night and hope they do well. So many great films and actors/actresses!

Time to pop the popcorn! (The awards are on Sunday night).


6 comments:

eek said...

I used your cards last year and will be definitely using these this year! Thanks so much for the freebies!

rhoffer said...

Thanks for the cute cards--pinned it!

Captain Nick Sparrow said...

Thank you so much! My friends host a party every year so these will be perfect. Now I just need to think of an Oscar themed dessert to bring...

laura kate said...

Thanks for keeping up with me, EE! :)

laura kate said...

You're so welcome!

laura kate said...

Sounds great!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I try to reply to comments, so check back if you have a question. :)