ABOUT    |    SHOP    |   EAT SOMETHING SUNDAY   |   FREEBIES   |   SPONSOR   |   CONTACT



Sunday, June 1, 2014

Growing into June


And so we enter June. May wrapped up with a week of grey, dreary, rain and crappiness. Yesterday offered a touch of sunshine and warmth, but the ground was still a bit waterlogged from relentless showers throughout the week. Not much opportunity to enjoy the outdoors, but I've happily hopped back on the horse of self-care with exercise and eating a bit less crap. Yay! My "40 Days of Fitness" for Lent went alright - I did workout about 30 of the 40 days, but I think trying to jump back on wagon with 6 days a week (from intermittent exercise before) was perhaps not the best idea. Attempting a bit much all at once led to injury and then lack of motivation.

With June here, I'm keeping my goals simple:
- eat less crap.
- keep a food diary (it assists in the less crap goal).
- really try to hit my 10,000 a day step goal with my Fitbit (I've had it for a year now, and haven't used it to the best advantage).
- do a proper workout (walking, cardio, and/or strength) at least 4 times a week. Right now, as I can't get out to walk in the weather, I've been doing various Denise Austin videos - both aerobic types and strength types. A bit cheesy, but fun and my heart rate monitor tells me that they're doing their job!

That's it really. Last night, to finish off May, I noticed my step count was at 9,600something at 11pm and I was feeling a bit blah. So I finished the program I was watching, changed clothes, and did a 30 minute cardio workout at 11:20pm. Did I feel a little silly? Yep. Did I feel better after? Indeed. Did I eat also eat a small bowl of popcorn and watch a movie before finally going to bed? Yep. Because that's ok too. Moderation and not deprivation.

------
On another note, growth here on the blog is always good and I'm always happy for new sponsors! My Facebook page surpassed 500 fans this month, and my http://www.pinterest.com/lkiscrafty/ is nearly there too! I love connecting with readers and friends through social media, so please do follow along if you haven't already. If you have, a big thanks!

May saw a new face and an old favorite in my sidebar:

----> Nicola from Pink Confetti was a new sponsor from May. Nicola also lives in London and writes about all sorts of fun stuff. Her recent walk to one of my favorite spots, Richmond, was a great read.

----> Back again was the fabulous Denise from Every Hour Here. She continues to share great Project Life posts (which always make me aware that I am far behind for 2014!), but a recent favorite post was yet another beautiful quilt that she has made. I love that her daughter helped her with the design!

Roll on June! Hopefully we'll get a bit more sunshine to liven up the London summer. It's good for all sorts of growth.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I try to reply to comments, so check back if you have a question. :)