ABOUT    |    SHOP    |   EAT SOMETHING SUNDAY   |   FREEBIES   |   SPONSOR   |   CONTACT



Saturday, August 30, 2014

Instalife: Wrapping up August




August has been busy, busy, busy. Lovely days walking through London, stopping in parks, resting along the Thames with a drink and a chat with my lovely husband, a few meals out - it's been a full month!



We had a couple neat Yelp events full of yummy food earlier in August. I discovered that there is finally a real notjustburritos Mexican restaurant in London. (Hoorah!). We started watching the Harry Potter films again (we're halfway through). I got a long-overdue haircut and discovered a fab new-to-me stylist who makes me feel like a million bucks. And then, at long last, I joined The W.I. - this is something I'm super excited about!



Our trip up to Scotland was wonderful, apart from a mishap involving me tripping over a bollard and sitting for nearly 90 minutes on cold cement waiting for an ambulance... (I'm fine now, thanks!). My love for Blythe snaps was again renewed and friends and family were enjoyed in abundance.




Decorating, mini gardening, baking, baking, baking - my domestic side has been showing and a year after we moved in, I'm making our beautiful home more homely.



London finally has an arcade bar (woot!) and we've had a few fun evenings out there. (It's partly the brainchild of a friend, which makes it even more exciting). It's been a year since we got our fish and though 2 of them are quite big I think they still juuuust fit in our tank.

The summer is certainly on its way out. Jackets seem more and more necessary. It's been horridly grey and rainy for most of the past 10 days in London. As The Scot is away in the US for another week, I've been trying to keep busy. In this weather, that involves a good bit of Netflix! September should be a bit calmer overall, and I'm excited to find what it brings!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I try to reply to comments, so check back if you have a question. :)